Saturday, May 26, 2012

Daytona Beach

 The girls and I decided that before we met
Jeremy in Shreveport to see family, that we would
fly into Florida and see Donna and the boys.
Bob was also working, so it was going to be us and the kids.
Outnumbered, but made for fun late girls only nights.
{once kids asleep}
 Time with my girls before
seeing friends in Daytona.
 Very "Floridian" in their flamingo shirts.
 Meeting Donna and the Boys at Boondocks.
 I was feeling the love!
All the kids wanted to sit by me.
 The usual suspects:
Buffalo shrimp, blackened fish sandwich,
sweat tea and fries.   Mmmmmm
 Thank goodness for Grandma Willis to
help keep an eye on my not-afraid-of-the-water Emery.
 Ellie and Cooper.
 It's tradition to eat at Boondocks
{or Dolphin View, when in town}
Also tradition for Donna's parents to come with.
This time Granddad made it too.
Love her family like my own.
 Best shot I could get of all 4 kids in carseats in the car.
I was worn out by the time we hit the beach from
reaching back to the kids, handing stuff and picking
up dropped items. WHEW!
 Besides wanting to see Donna, Croix and Cooper,
I really wanted to just lay on the beach.
 Elliette and Croix.
Croix told me "My Dad digs big holes in the sand"
I had to laugh because I have witnessed Bob's 
big hole digging talents.
{we were minus big holes this trip}
 This is what the kids did. Ran to and from the ocean,
bringing back buckets of water.
 Me and all the kids.
I am one lucky lady to be surrounded by all these kids.
 Cooper and Croix chilling in the water.
 My beach body baby.
 Ellie gathering probably her 100th
bucket of water for sand castles.
 Donna and I.
We were the brave women who took 4 young kids
to the beach alone.
Annual Boondocks picture.
This was the one and only time not having Bob and Jeremy there.

It worked out so that I could fly down to Florida with
Ellie and Emery and see Donna and the Boys before
we left there and headed to Louisiana.  We had fun nights
staying up late watching Foot Loose, laughing and talking.
I loved it.  That was the best part, just hanging with Donna.
The kids had fun playing together , they always get
along so well.  We ate yummy food, which included
Boondocks of course.  
Wish we lived closer, but glad we can visit often.

No comments: