Thursday, November 24, 2011

A very thankful day.

Jeremy the Chef, and Ellie his Sous Chef.
{Jeremy also wearing one of Ellie's aprons}
Have I mentioned what an amazing husband I have?
Jeremy cooked us our own Thanksgiving dinner
on Tues. ALL BY HIMSELF!
Emery playing with the asparagus ends.
Good enough toy. Kept her occupied.
Our Thanksgiving feast.
Jeremy made: Turkey, home-made stuffing,
sweet potato soufle, mashed potatoes and corn.
Thanksgiving 2011
Turkey time!
On actual Thanksgiving Day.
I always bring a dip and we snack while GG makes
the finishing touches on our Thanksgiving meal.
Shelly, Valyn and GG
The girls loved the tiny table.
Starting to eat our feast.
The kids played and played.
Can you see the disaster we make pouring over
the Black Friday ads?
It is tradition to lay them all over the floor and
make our plan of action.
{which this year I am not even going out}
Nancy and "baby Cracker" Ryker.
We had fun activities for the kids.
They made gingerbread houses.
Ellie's creation
I think the kids ate as much candy as they decorated
with, but they loved making them.
Thanksgiving's festivities lasted a few days this year. Jeremy and I always make a turkey breast and some of the sides so that he still gets a Thanksgiving dinner. He is always flying on Thanksgiving. This year Jeremy took on the task of making the WHOLE dinner by himself. He was also watching the girls since I was working. It was amazing! He did a really good job.
I came home and made asparagus gratin and the gravy, but other than that he made it all.
Ellie loves that we get out our fancy goblets and drink Sparkling Apple Juice.
Then today on actual Thanksgiving we kept with tradition and went to GG's house. I take a dip down every year, this year was cream cheese with peach jalapeno jam on top and crackers. It was a hit. Steve bought me the jam in Jefferson Texas, I can't wait to serve it again.
We always pour over the ads and look at the Black Friday deals. Then eat an amazing meal made by Grandma. After pie we let the kids do a craft.
I have so much to be thankful for! I have the most amazing children and husband. I mean really how many men would watch the kids and cook all day. I am so blessed to marry into such an amazing family. I love my parents and siblings I am lucky to have each of them in my life.

No comments: